Events DC Reopening Statement
EVENTS DC REOPENING STATEMENT
Today, more than ever, the safety of Events DC’s employees, customers, guests, and the community is of vital importance to us. Our award-winning customer service program, Strive for Five, embodies the fundamental principles of Respect, Professionalism, Communication, Teamwork and Accountability. It strengthens our commitment to delivering a safe and enjoyable event experience through our venues and services for everyone, as we all recover from the impact of the COVID-19 crisis.
As Events DC continues to respond to COVID-19, our focus is on, among other areas, enhanced sanitation, additional training for front line staff (including our food service partner), and physical improvements to our venues. Additionally, Events DC serves on Mayor Muriel Bowser’s ReOpen DC Advisory Group, along with distinguished leaders from public health, business (including retail and hospitality), entertainment and recreation, and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and DC Health. Finally, and just as important, we listen to our customers. When we reopen our venues, be assured that the decision to do so will be well-informed, consistent with best industry practices, and responsible.
COMMITMENT TO PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY
Events DC’s commitment to public health and safety reaches its venues including the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Entertainment and Sports Arena, D.C. Armory, and the R.I.S.E. Demonstration Center.
OUR STAFF. Our approach is based on the most current recommendations of District public health officials, the CDC, and best practices recommended by the leading professional associations in the sanitation, hospitality and travel industries. In particular, we:
- Provide CDC-recommended personal protective equipment and training for all staff working in our venues
- Establish physical distancing norms for all patrons and staff
- Train front line staff to recognize COVID-19 symptoms
- Provide briefings for event leaders on our latest safety standards
- Proactively monitor queuing at entrances, guest movement, seating clusters and escalator and elevator loading
We pride ourselves on maintenance of and investment in our venues and are working hard to ensure that each venue is prepared for operating in accordance with the latest official public health and safety guidelines. For example, we:
- Display CDC messaging and Events DC safety messages on public space digital signage
- Conduct frequent water treatment monitoring and Installed medical-grade HEPA filters in our HVAC systems
- Reconfigured function spaces to meet physical distancing norms and configurations for all events
- Placed directional floor marking to designate spacing or crowd flow that meets social and physical distancing norms
- Will work with our customers to monitor and enforce new recommended room occupancy limits
Our housekeeping team’s commitment to aggressive cleaning and hygiene includes:
Expanded F&B Capabilities and Services:
- Doubling the number of hand sanitizing stations
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all high-touch surfaces, counters, computers, AV and tables
- Training housekeeping in best practices for COVID response. Our cleaning teams were trained to provide cleaning and environmental services for our Alternate Care Facility, and they bring those skills to all our venues.
- Establishing and maintaining a facility-wide sanitation and hygiene program that minimizes risks associated with infectious agents.
In response to COVID-19, our food services partner Aramark Food Services has developed comprehensive plans nationally that continue its commitment to protect the safety of every guest, vendor and employee.
- Plexiglass at all concessions and points of sale locations to protect guests and employees
- Increased use of packaged food items, utensils, condiments, napkins and pre-wrapped flatware
- Provide sanitizer pumps, wipes and cashless transactions for retail point of sale
- Sneeze guards and attendant service for all buffet options
- Serve only covered courses and individual portions for banquet seating
- “Clean Team” to oversee a comprehensive food and beverage sanitation and hygiene protocol
Operating Safeguards. We have long been recognized as one of the premier venue operators in the country and will take our cleaning and operating standards to the next level by achieving Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s STAR certification for our facilities.
We will share our venue-specific plans with you. We will update our plans as new information becomes available. When you are ready to return, we and our Events DC venues will be ready to welcome you.