Events DC Welcomes 3rd Annual STRIVE Internship Program
Washington, DC – June 14, 2016 - Events DC kicked off its third annual Strengthening Talents and Rewarding Interns with Valuable Experience (STRIVE) internship program. The STRIVE internship program is a ten-week paid program that focuses on hands-on development and learning across Events DC’s three lines of business.
Based on each student’s academic focus, interns are thoughtfully matched with a department within Events DC that aligns with their professional goals, including communications and marketing, strategic initiatives, sales, public safety and event management. The goal of this hands-on program is to strengthen their understanding of today’s business environment, create immersive applied learning opportunities and preparation for their future careers.
2016 Events DC STRIVE Internship Participants:
- Takia Archer (Hospitality Management, Virginia State University) – Public Safety Department;
- Porshia Brewer (Mass Communications, Delaware State University) – Sales Department;
- Rachael Kelley (Public Relations, Seton Hall University) – Communications & Marketing Department;
- Taylor Pasini (Mass Communications, Towson University) – Strategic Initiatives Department;
- Kevin Thompson (Sports Management, North Carolina Central University) – Sports and Entertainment Division;
- Tayler Weaver (Hospitality, Northern Community College) – Convention Management Department.
The STRIVE internship program began on Monday, June 6 and continues through Friday, August 12, 2016. For more information about Events DC career and internship opportunities, visit EventsDC.com/AboutUs/Careers